A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

You Are My Joy

I feel so joyful today.

I don't know if it is because of the coffee. Or maybe that I got up at 8:30 and had 3 hours to get things done before my little ones stirred. It could be that the water well guys came out to fix my water pump yesterday and now I have continuous water pressure (we are on well water, and my pump wasn't working, so I would have to go outside and turn it back on several times a day), which means that I am getting a killer amount of laundry done. Maybe it's that my children are in particularly good spirits today or that the sun is out for the first time in nearly a week or that Charlie is coming home early today. It could be the prayers of Sts. Felicity and Perpetua, who I begged to pray for me this morning.

All those things contribute, but mostly, it's probably that I made the decision that today I'm going to be joyful. Jesus, You are my joy!


Note: Go to iTunes and look up David Crowder Band's song "You Are My Joy." It's amazing.

1 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 4:02 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

I am so glad you are having such a joyful and wonderful day! I am sorry we could not get together today, next week definetly! But you were rained in, and Abby still isn't 100% yet. I hope you all have a great trip this weekend to visit your family. I have family coming into town this weekend so I have been busy preparing for that, so I'm sure you are crazy busy getting ready to leave! Hope your trip is safe and fun, and when you get back we can figure out sometime to get together. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home