A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sweet Silence

My house is so quiet right now...but I suspect that everyone will be up soon! This has been one of the most lovely weekends we've had in a long time. We didn't end up going to visit my family because my mom called before we were to leave and told me that Julia (my littlest sister, she's almost 1) had a high fever and that we shouldn't come. I appreciated that because there have been MANY times that we've gone there and Isabella was sick (she's the second youngest sister - she's 3 1/2) and I've come home with a miserable Felicity. I was sad not to go, as it was my mom's birthday yesterday and I absolutly adore her - but we're going to go this coming weekend and we'll be there for Julia's birthday!

My house is a wreck right now, that is the real reason I got up before everyone else. Our a/c has been leaking water for about a month now and yesterday it reached it's peak by soaking about 6 ft. into our wood floor in the living room allll the way across the width of the room. ::sigh:: So, Charlie figured out how to fix it and it was a huge mess. Now there are towels and flashlights and a/c filters and all kinds of mess everywhere. He fixed it in the middle of the night last night while I was nursing the baby and fell asleep.

Things in life are really looking up right now...I so wish I could share some of the goings in our life on here - I have so many thoughts. And while I know this is MY blog and I can say whatever I want, out of respect for the position Charlie is in right now I just can't put a lot of details out there. Let's just say that in the near future there may be an opportunity for real financial peace. That's a huge leap from where we have come from...maybe I'll reflect on that later...

For now, I'm going to have some breakfast and clean up before my sweet family awakens!

4 Comments:

At 6/04/2006 5:36 PM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

I'm glad things are looking so promising. You should start a new blog that you can actually talk on!

 
At 6/04/2006 11:07 PM, Anonymous Ashley said...

Yay for peace. I'm experiencing peace right now too. I feel calm inside and that is really nice. I hope you have a great week, Andrea.

 
At 6/04/2006 11:14 PM, Anonymous angie said...

How exciting!

Love ya gal- I have been meaning to ask how things went for Charlie :)

Going to story time tomorrow at 10am I'm sure you got the email.

I want to get a coppy of tequilla makes her clothes fall off- although i could sing souther comfort makes her clothes fall off *goes and buys a pregnancy test* ugh for real i need to get stock in those thing
wow that may have been too much to say on your blog.. hehe sorry
I LOVEEEEEEEEE YOU

 
At 6/05/2006 12:23 PM, Anonymous rockchalkjhawker said...

I very much enjoy reading your blog. Your family is a great Catholic role model....keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home