A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

INFP

I'm a pretty serious introvert. I have real issues with stepping out of my comfort zone and doing things that might embarass me. So when Angie asked me to go with her and Kelly to the "Latin Dance Workout" at the YMCA, I was really stressed. See...there are so many things that sound like fun to me but I really have to talk myself into doing them because it's really easy for me to say no and hide. Almost ALWAYS I am able to convince myself to do whatever it is, and then I am glad that I did...but it's such a struggle for me to get there. I really dislike that about myself, but I've spent 23 years this way and I have learned how to talk myself into things. At the same time though, I will often do things up to a limit. For example, today at the latin dance class, I had a great time but when the instructor put us in a circle and people were being pulled into the middle to show off their moves, I pretty much wanted to throw up. If she had asked me to do it, I would have said no. I have a limit...I just can't do it. Poor Angie was panicing for me. lol
I feel like I am adventureous. Just...sometimes I have to be coerced into it. It seems like in the last 24 hours I've really taken some risks....and in all cases I was satisfied with the outcome. I suppose it will always be that way lol.

Well...we are going to spend the afternoon cleaning out our sunroom. It will soon have it's very own purpose and use. More on that in a couple weeks...

2 Comments:

At 6/10/2006 2:54 PM, Anonymous Ashley said...

Yay for Latin dance class! Glad you had fun, and I am the same way! Have a great weekend! I'm interested in what the sunroom will become...

 
At 6/10/2006 3:23 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

just wanted to say thanks for telling me about the chaplet of divine mercy! i wouldn't have noticed it otherwise on ewtn, but i saw it was coming on today in song and i watched it and it was so moving. thanks!

that dance class sounds like fun! i tried getting some friends together to go to one of those a couple of months ago, but couldn't find anyone else interested in going with me. i am so glad you went though, and even more glad that they didn't ask you to get in the middle of the circle! hehe. have a great rest of the weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home