A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Beautiful Day

It has been a truly lovely day. Fridays are Charlie's days off and so I am always looking forward to them. We started the day with First Friday mass at St. Anthony's, then went to have breakfast together. Charlie had a meeting at noon, so the girls and I hung around and they took naps. I have been feeling HORRIBLE today though, my back is aching and I have been feeling nautious with a headache. So, when Charlie came home he took care of Gabrielle (FAM was sleeping) and I took a nap. Later we had dinner and went to the Woodlands Market Street and Felicity ran around to get some wiggles out.

Both my girls are in bed now, which is sort of early. And we are planning to go to bed too so that we can get to confession in the morning. I need to go. ::sigh:: I need the grace of that sacrament so that I can be a better wife and mama.

I have had a host of sorrowful emails today. One, a woman in my FAMILA group is having health problems and has 4 children - one being just a tiny infant. She's in the hospital for testing. Another, a friend of a friend is engaged to a man who has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. They are my age. So sad. Please keep them in your prayers.

Also, speaking of prayers - please pray for my sweet Charlie! Some stuff has been happening that is very exciting for him and for our family. Please just pray for the will of God to be realized. I really can't go into detail, as he has asked me not to.

Once again, speaking of Charlie - he's outside having a cigar and I think I might go sit with him. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home