A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Who is this Child???

I don't know what happened today, but some other 2-year-old took over my sweet Felicity! We went up to church with Charlie today so we could go back to the St. Francis bookstore (more on that later), and on the way home she freeked out. It was hysterical crying on the way home for over an hour. She wasn't hungry or thirsty, nothing was poking or hurting her. Sometimes the sun was in her eyes (Charlie's Jetta doesn't have tinted windows) and she hadn't really had much of a nap. But nonetheless, it was behavior we have *never* seen with her. ::sigh:: I'm glad it's over.

The bookstore was fun as ever. I got Felicity some appropriate Catholic things to distract her in mass and we also got the information from Lawrence to aquire first class relics of Sts. Felicity and Perpetua. Most importantly, we returned the (expensive) keychain depicting the Holy Family that Felicity lifted last time we were there. After we had checked out last time, Charlie and Lawrence were chatting and Felicity was holding the bag, I was attending to the baby. During their conversation, Lawrence told Charlie what a problem he has with shoplifting in his store, so I was quite horrified to find an item in the bag that hadn't been purchased.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I think I'm going to see if Charlie will watch the girls for an hour or two tomorrow (Felicity is never a problem for him, but since Gabrielle is still nursing it kind of worries him I think). I have a gift card to Barnes and Noble that I would like to use, and I also want to go to Michael's to look at beading supplies. I have to do some major grocery shopping too, but for that I don't mind strapping Gab in the Bijorn if necessary.
Tomorrow Angie is having a birthday party for her little girl, so that will be fun. Then on Saturday we are going to an afternoon showing of "Over the Hedge" to protest the DaVinci Code movie.

That is all for now. I have so much laundry to do...

1 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

Some days these sweet little children are just bears! Those are drop-everything-cuddle-and-play days, in my experience. I guess, every now and then, they just need their love tanks filled and that's the only way to know of to tell you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home