A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rescue Me

Satan knows just what to do to work his agenda right into my heart. He knows how to make me doubt myself and how to doubt my choices and my relationships and, more than anything, my femininity. What he did today was draped with innocence, yet I knew what was happening the whole time. While I may have resisted, the events still wounded my heart.

I'm praying tonight to resist this world. I'm praying for Jesus to rescue me.

3 Comments:

At 5/20/2006 6:16 AM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

Are you okay, Andrea?

I just got your sewing request. I do sew, though not well enough anything fancy...like zippers! Just pick out a pattern for something small, maybe a dress for a certain little girl. Pick one marked "Easy". Your investment in fabric won't be too great, the project will almost certainly come out well, and you'll feel encouraged to try something else. I have an inexpensive sewing machine, and they are often available second hand.

The only tips I can think of are:
1. Follow the pattern directions, even if it seems to make no sense, and,
2. Measure your recipient for correct sizing. Those patterns have terrible sizing charts!

 
At 5/21/2006 10:42 PM, Anonymous angie said...

was it the music? wow andrea. I need you to tell me if it was something that we did.
I love you girl. I never want to do things that make you feel that way.

 
At 5/21/2006 10:42 PM, Anonymous angie said...

was it the music? wow andrea. I need you to tell me if it was something that we did.
I love you girl. I never want to do things that make you feel that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home