A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

On My Way

I went to Michael’s the other day to get the supplies needed to learn the basics of jewelry making. The options were literally endless and I felt really overwhelmed. So, I ended up buying a “starter kit,” a bead storage box, and another “kit” of swarvarski crystal jewelry to do if I mastered the other, bigger kit. So far I made a bracelet, it’s pretty, but I think that someday in the future I might laugh at it. lol I’ll have to post up a pics of it. It’s three strands and black & white. I wore it out last night and it didn’t fall apart so I was happy about that. I think that the tools that came with my kit are definatly below par, so I’ll have to invest in better tools, but it was good to learn how they work on a basic level. I’m going to try to make a few more pieces before I attempt the beatutiful rosary of my dreams. I found instructions to it on a really interesting website, and I keep looking at it and understanding more and more as I learn the “launguage” of this hobby.

2 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

What a beautiful website! I came across it through xanga. :-) You are living my dream, lol! God bless and Mary keep you...

 
At 5/27/2006 10:28 PM, Anonymous angie said...

Andrea why wont you answer your phone?
Do you hate me now?
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I'm so sorry!!
I tryed to get a hold of you!!
ANDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home