A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Fun





Yesterday we had a party at my house for Memorial Day. It went alllllll day long and well into the night! The highlights included: too much delicious food, men getting stuck in the mud (it POURED rain and our dirt road turned into crazy mud), dancing, bathtime for the kids, giggling and playing in my bed with friends, and fun with Mr. Cuervo!

I remember being in high school and having really close friends who I felt super comfortable with, where we would just lounge around all day together, fall asleep in eachother's couches, or whatever. I haven't felt that with a friend for a long time, but yesterday was like that with Angie, Chris, and their kids. The party started at 1:00 and just kept going all day and night. I feel so blessed.

But now I have post-party let down! boooo <----as Angie would say lol

It's pouring rain again today. I don't know how we're going to get out of here, the mud is so bad.

2 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous angie said...

AWESOME!

 
At 5/30/2006 6:44 PM, Anonymous Angela said...

Thanks for your kind words. Things are going better than I thought. I just know I made the right decision. I am wanting to 100% become the woman God intended me to be. Let's just say reconciliation was TOUGH...TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH, but everyday I am more content and happy with my life. I am truly glad that we have such a forgiving God and I am truly blessed. Each day I feel myself become closer to God and it is such a wonderful and peaceful feeling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home