A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Let's Pray

Today I had my Familia meeting. I remember at the very beginning in October I only knew Angie, and now these women have all become my friends. We went an hour longer than usual and it seems like it would be because we had to do two lessons, but really it was because we kept getting off topic and chatting! I feel so blessed to be a part of this group, and I am thankful that God tugged at my heart when I heard about it. My dear friend Angie wrote about this in her xanga today, and I was also struck by the beautiful call we have as parents to write on the slates of the hearts of our children simply by praying WITH them. Praying with other people is really uncomfortable for me, as growing up we did not do that. When we did, it was akward and foreign. I think Felicity is old enough to be prayed with, in fact, I feel like we have sort of failed on this up to this point because could it ever really be too early?

I am really tired today. Charlie has been working late every night, and 2 of those nights this week have been unexpected late nights. Tonight is one of them. I am so proud of him and of his sincere desire to serve the Church. However, I can not help but be really worn out by the last 3 years worth of no schedule. I never know what is going to happen, when he'll be here, when he won't, and frankly it makes me so tired! I can't plan my weeks or even days very accuratly, because I know that everything can change and often does. Church work is hard on family life.

I don't mean to complain.

But I'm going to go make a pot of coffee.

1 Comments:

At 5/06/2006 10:07 AM, Anonymous angie said...

I thought that too about how nice it was just to chat it up at familia!
SOrry Charlie has been working so late, I know how hard that is.
Missed you yesterday, but I know you were spending time with your husband :)
Hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home