A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Monday, May 22, 2006

It's 2 AM

Note: My last post probably sounds a lot more dramatic than it should be taken. It was vague and not what may be expected. That's all I have to say about that. lol

Great weekend! Friday night was Grace's birthday party, and we had fun as always! It was the cutest princess party ever! Yesterday was nice, we worked on the yard a bit (which if you know anything about Charlie and I, a "bit" in the yard is a major deal lol). After that we went to the crawfish festival at Christ the Good Shepherd and ate a huge mountain of crawfish. The "after party" was at my house and we had so much fun! We didn't intend to seperate from our male counterparts, but Angie, Kelly, and I spent fun girl time in the house while the guys blew things up with guns and made some sort of fire. Not sure what was going on there....just saw the flames out in the (dried up) lake.

While I was talking to Angie last night I had some huge revelations about myself and how I feel about myself. She said some things to me that really affirmed me, whether she was aware of it or not. It reminded me of when Charlie and I were reading Wild at Heart and the author, John Eldridge, discusses that masculinity begets masculinity - that women can never bestow it upon a man, whether he is a husband or son. I think the same goes the other way, femininity inspires femininity and she said some things to me that encouraged my feminine heart in a really important way, especially in relationship to my husband.

I'm going to learn how to sew. I've been talking to women who know how and so I need to save up some money to buy a machine.

My baby's crying so more later...it's almost 2 am...eek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home