A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

I Must Be Ok With This

I think I’m going to give this goal up. The last two days I’ve slept later than 8ish because I just wasn’t getting enough sleep. Going to bed at 2 and getting up at 8 or 9 after a night full of Gabrielle tossing & turning and nursing…it just wasn’t working for me. My family just gets up late. I have to be ok with that I guess. Maybe someday…

1 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

You know, someone (Flylady, maybe) recommends getting up before everyone else. I must confess that gives me tons more productive time. But getting up earlier doesn't mean three hours earlier. That would be like me waking up at three am. Not happening!

But don't give up! Figure out what time the kids usually get up. Is that 11? Then wake up at 10:30, or maybe even 10. If you get just half an hour early, you have to pray, relax and shower before the rest of the family wants you. I get up at least an hour earlier than the kids, but I started with thirty minutes and it made a world of difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home