A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Comment for My Friends

lol So a couple of my readers found it humorous that 8:00 AM was an early time for me to get up today! Let me expalin....I can see how this would be confusing to those who don't know me in "real life!"

My husband is a youth minister in the Catholic church,he runs a huge program called Life Teen for the ministry and catechesis of all 9th-12th graders in the largest parish in the Diocese of Houston. This is a huge program that requires him to work really late most nights of the week (and by late, I mean I get excited if he's home by 9 pm, but it's usually closer to 11-12). By the time he gets home, and we talk, and he plays with the kids, etc, nobody usually gets to bed before 1 am. SOMETIMES, if I'm lucky Felicity is in bed by midnight. But those nights we end up staying up later because we actually get to be alone, so then sometimes we're looking at 2 or 3 (AM). Felicity usually sleeps until 11-11:30 am. Gabrielle usually sleeps until 11:30-12:30 pm. Charlie usually sleeps until 11 or noon, and if he has to get up "early" that's usually 10ish. *I* usually sleep until llish, but I'm trying to get up around 8-9. Let's take today for example. Last night we went to bed at 2. Gabrielle had a rough night last night and tossed and turned and cried ost of the night (she's 6 months old and co-sleeps). I was udderly exhausted this morning when I got up at 9:00. In fact, I still haven't made coffee and I need to...both of my children are still sleeping (at 10). So...it's not as if I'm getting 10 hours of sleep a night or anything (wouldn't that be fun!) lol.

So, that long explaination basically comes down to we have a pretty normal schedule - just shifted down by a couple hours! I look forward to the day that my children are in bed by 8 or 9 like normal people, but for now, we're just sometimes leaving the park at that time. lol

:-)

2 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Bridget said...

Ahh....that's what I thought since I had read something about youth ministry in one of your posts! That makes perfect sense! Now I can see why 8 would be early!

 
At 5/25/2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

Oh, now I understand!

You don't usually say too much about yourself. In fact, you tend to be incredibly vague. Thanks for sharing a little with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home