A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Why I buy Organic

I don't care if the cows and chickens are happy. Makes no difference to me. However, I have made the switch to organic milk, eggs, meats, and some veggies. The reason I'm thinking about it is that with my mom visiting over the weekend I bought "regular" milk and eggs because I know she's a little freeked out about organic (something I understand, because I was too until I did some research). My number one reason for buying organic is that it is far superior in nutritional content to the "regular" product. Here's a great book about heart health that explains it all if you're interested: The Doctor's Heart Cure HOWEVER, I didn't realize how the taste was different until this weekend. TRY IT! Organic milk and eggs taste soooooooooo much better (the meat is too - Charlie made a KILLER vegetarian fed tritip once that was the best!). It's more expensive, but in my opinion worth it for both the short term and long term benefits.

Anyhow, Lent is almost over. I am looking forward to putting my makeup back on, but I will miss the general prayerfulness that lent entails. I'm going to make it to confession one last time on Wednesday night. It's required for Catholics to make a good confession during Lent, and if we are going to teach obiedence to our children, we must be obedient ourselves. So, off I go. I think my last confession was the Saturday before Lent.

Felicity is taking a nap so I must take advantage of the time to collect her treasures and put them in their appropriate places. Plus I need some lunch!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home