A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Random Musings

After my post yesterday, I was sooooo blessed because both of the girls went down for a nap at the same time (so rare). I think they were wiped out from the weekend as much as I was, so I took a nap too. It's amazing how much easier it is to be a good mama when I'm not exhausted.

We really had a great weekend. On Friday, Charlie's grandparents were in town from Reno, so we spent the day at his parents' house and enjoyed their company. We had Cheesecake Factory for lunch which was *AMAZING,* I had this incredible seared tuna salad. Mmmmmmm....so good. I really enjoy Charlie's grandmother, she is such a nice person - it seems like she's just a young woman in an old lady's body. Felicity really took a liking to her as well.

THEN on Saturday it was Courtney and Chelsea's birthday. We hadn't seen the Mech clan since JANUARY. Horrible. We were so excited to see them, I was having Felicity practice saying, "Happy Birthday, Chelsea!" (To her, "Chelsea" is both of them, though she does get "Courtney" better now) But, she was saying, "Happy DAY Chelesa!" It was so cute.
Anyway, when we got to their house, nobody was home because we didn't know the girls had a 1:00 lacrosse game. So Charlie called Cindy and she told us how to get in. Their pool is all done and it is so beautiful! We swam a little with Felicity until the girls got home, and then they got in with us and we had a fun time. Later on Cindy and Gary got home and we all went to dinner (with some of their family and boyfriends, etc.). Good times. I think we ended up staying up until 4ish. lol

Today I have to start getting my house ready for my mom, aunt, and sisters to visit. I haven't been upstairs since my mom was here when the baby was born, so that's pushing 5 months. ::sigh:: Lots of dusting and vacuuming to do. The water pressure on our well pump is finaky (sp?), and I have to go outside and fix it at least once a day, but I'll probably have to go out there several times today since I have at least 4 loads of laundry to do. Charlie said he should be home by 6:30, but I can't really count on that I don't think....it seems like he's staying later and later these days. I probably won't see him much this week at all since they have a Confirmation retreat this weekend and there's lots of prep to do, plus all the normal stuff- meetings, XLT, etc. At least I won't be home alone this weekend, I'm glad my family will be here. It's going to be Marissa's birthday on Friday, she's going to be 8. I can't believe it.

Well, now I'm rambling and procrastinating so I should go and get to my "mount washmore" as FlyLady calls it. The baby's asleep, and I think Felicity is about ready for a nap too. Oh sweet naptime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home