A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Preparing to Celebrate Felicity



This Friday is Felicity's 2nd birthday and we are having a party for her. Originally, it was going to be at a near by park, but the temperatures in Houston have already become so high that I just think it would be unbearable. SO, we switched it to be at our house, which is a lot more work for me, but work that I am SO excited to do. We're going to still have it mostly outside, but the kids can play in the water and come inside as well if it's too hot for anyone. I ordered this on Amazon last week, it's something I wanted to get anyway, so I'm excited to get it in time for the party. I think that Felicity and the rest will enjoy it. I got most of the shopping done last night, but for the fresh stuff I'll have to go Friday. We really enjoy entertaining and having our friends and family over (my family is coming too! yaya! In fact, my sisters make up 1/3 of the children who will be attending haha). It's funny because as an engaged couple, we invisioned our entertaining in the near future to be something totally different than 2 year-old birthday parties. I think this is more fun.

As her birthday approaches, many feelings come up within me both about my pregnancy and birth of Felicity. I might talk about them later...but I want to deal with them now before her actual birthday on Friday, because I want that day to be a day of joy and celebration. She was the greatest lesson God ever taught me. God knows what gives us JOY.

2 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 7:37 PM, Anonymous Angela said...

Andrea, I have been thinking a lot about you and Charlie and the few other friends that I have that are married. A while ago I was thinking "wow we are so young to be married and for people my age to have children". I think that you are Charlie are such wonderful role models. Even for me..someone your age. You have shown me what it is like to truly "let go and let God". I think I still struggle greatly with this. I know you had a hard time with Felicity and the acceptance of your changing life. I have never told you all that I think, but I think that you are the epitome of wonderful. Wonderful in Character, Beauty, love, selflessness and you carry yourself with such dignity. I wouldn't say I "envy" you, because that has such a negative tone. I would say that I admire you, completely. I think back all those years back to D week...and I think of how much time has changed all of us and yet, even back then I was in awe of you. To have a child, to me, is such a selfless act. I only hope to one day go through the things I read on your blog. To know love like you and Charlie know love and to know love of one's own child. Anyways...I didn't mean for this to be so long! I guess what I am trying to say is that I have read your blogs from college til now and they have always given me a sense of peace knowing that there are truly wonderful people that are in their twenties! Just wanted to know how wonderful I think you are!

 
At 4/26/2006 6:46 AM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

Happy birthday to Felicity, and I'm looking forward to reading your story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home