A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Love all around



My mom, aunt, and 4 sisters (ages 8, 5, 3, and 10 months) came to visit from Fort Worth this weekend. We had a good time. It was my sister Marissa's birthday on Friday, she turned 8. I made her an oreo cookie cake. It was so awesome. I'll have to post a pic of it. It seems like just yesterday my brother and I were sitting in the hospital waiting room for hours and hours and hours wating for that little girl to get here....

Charlie was gone all weekend, so it was perfect for them to come. He had the Confirmation retreat, something that he has been stressed about for several weeks. I was praying for him all weekend, it seems like things went well. One of the things that I most admire about Charlie is that he is not afraid to speak truth, and he speaks it straigtforwardly (is that a word???) and simultaniously, lovingly.

When he got home last night I was so excited! We are so blessed to be so madly in love.

He's off today, which is wonderful. We had lunch out and now we're just hanging around. I think we might go out later so that I can actually buy some herbs to plant.

I bought flowers on Friday before my mom got here. They are so beautiful - it's like a love letter from God.

3 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

I love being in love. Even after 11 years, my beloved still gives me goosebumps and butterflies.

 
At 4/10/2006 7:43 PM, Anonymous angie said...

i didn't know i could comment!
What a beautiful post. A love letter form God...
I want some oreo cake. Got any left? :)
I love when the hubbies come home from retreat, (as long as its a green day, hehe)
Just for the record I didnt dance like shakira.. i just made a sad sad effort. :P
love ya

 
At 4/10/2006 9:15 PM, Anonymous Chelsea said...

I can't wait to see y'all!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home