A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Holy Week



Confession is at 5:30 today. I found a great examination of conscience.

I can't wait for Easter - we are going to spend it with the Mechler's. It has become somewhat of a tradition, as this will be our 3rd Easter with them in our 3 years of marriage. That first year Charlie still worked at St. Paul's and since it was 2 hours from where we lived (a 2 hour commute EVERY DAY, it was crazy), Cindy and Gary invited us to join them. I was pregnant with Felicity, about to give birth any time. Last year was Felicity's first Easter, and since Charlie had to work once again - but this time at St. Elizabeth's, we went over there for Easter since we had no family in town. It was such a wonderful weekend, Easter was on a cold March day! This year, the Mech's have moved to College Station which is closer than ever to us and we will be joining them once again and I can't wait. Charlie's parents have moved to Houston since last year, but this is tradition now and the Mechler's are truly our 3rd family. We love them so very much.

I need to look at the holy week schedules and see what we will be attending in the next few days.

I think this year I will do the Divine Mercy Novena as well, which starts on Good Friday. Here is some Info.

Last, in tribute to our dear friends, here are my girls with their godparents! (Cindy and Gary are Felicity's, and Courtney and Chelsea are Gabrielle's)

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 11:49 AM, Anonymous angie said...

I love the pictures!
I can't wait to get together this week!
Will you share that examination of conscience with me? I have been looking for a good one.
love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home