A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rain, Rain, I hope you stay!


It is a gloriously rainy day at my house today. These pics are the view from my front porch.

My sweet friend Angie came over today for coffee and scones. She brought her two little guys (roughly my girls' ages), but her older daughter was at school. The kids played in the sandbox on the porch and we sat and chatted. God has blessed me with such a wonderful friend. I love that we can talk about anything from finances, to husbands and kids, our pasts, ear wax...whatever. lol She's wonderful and a true inspriation - she's a great mom, a loving wife, and such a faithful and faith-filled woman.

I think tonight is the only night this week Charlie doesn't have to work late, so I'm looking forward to him being here in the next couple of hours. Hopefully by then I can get all the sand swept up, toys picked up, and maybe get in a shower. Nobody tells you how hard it is to get a shower once you're a mom. Having a screaming baby or peeking toddler zaps all the fun out of it. lol Ok - maybe I should go do that...

**EDIT**
No surprise. The baby started crying the moment I stepped into the shower. lol She's back asleep now though! hahaha Funny how those things happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home