A handmaid of the Lord

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word. These are the thoughts and experiences of my journey toward being a handmaid with Mary as my example.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme

Several days have gone by that something weird has been going on with our internet, but Charlie fixed it tonight. I'm glad, because he's working late every night this week and I almost went crazy today with no contact with the outside world.

Good weekend, for the most part. We had a wedding to go to. I always expect those sorts of things to be more fun than they actually are. The highlight was when I went to HEB and they had a special where you buy their diapers (which I always buy) and get a free playtex sippy cup and wipes. How's that for a highlight? This weekend is going to be busy as well. Charlie's grandparents are going to be in town from California, so his parents are having an open house on Friday night to hang with them. Then Saturday is Courtney and Chelsea's birthday, so we're going to College Station to celebrate that. Our children need to see all of their godparents. hehe

All the flowers are blooming. It's beautiful here. It's sad, we've lived here for 3 years and I am just now starting to love it. It's only a matter of time before it all goes away; I don't know how much longer we are going to have this heavenly place to live. I think tomorrow I'll take Felicity for a walk and take some pictures to post up. I'm also going to go to the nursery and buy some things to plant on the porch. I'm thinking chives, parsley, and basil for now. If I do good with those I'll try rosemary and thyme. I love fresh herbs but I've never tried to grow them. Last week I got several books about them at the library so I think I should do ok. Someday when we buy a house I want to build a huge herb garden with culinary herbs, roses, and a beautiful statue of Mary. Something to look forward to I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home